We are delighted to have been awarded the contract for the construction of a new laboratory and office building for the German Aerospace Centre
Berlin-Adlershof is a place steeped in history for German aerospace. After the second European airfield for motorised aeroplanes had went into operation there in 1909, Adlershof also became the founding site of the German Research Institute for Aviation (Deutsche Versuchsanstalt für Luftfahrt – DVL), a predecessor organisation of the German Aerospace Centre (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt – DLR).
DLR is now expanding its building complex at the Berlin-Adlershof site with a new building for the Institute of Propulsion Technology, Department of Engine Acoustics (AT-TRA). The building’s innovation hub will be a two-storey technical centre for various test benches and experimental facilities. In addition, the building will provide laboratory and office spaces.
In accordance with the call for bids, our design proposes a compact building structure that coherently connects to the main access routes of the existing building and completes the building complex on the south-western boundary of the site in compliance with the urban planning concept. With a usable space of 3,042 m² and a gross floor space of 5,670 m², the building achieves a particularly efficient floor space ratio. A roof terrace with a view of the Teltow Canal will provide high-quality lounging areas for the employees. The façade design with large-format windows and aluminium panels creates a technology-oriented overall impression and comprises photovoltaic elements for sustainable operation of the building.
We are very much looking forward to the implementation of this project and congratulate the Berlin team!
This function has been disabled for Nickl & Partner.