The winners of the “eins zu eins” (one to one) architecture prize awarded for the third time (after 2011 and 2015) by the Thuringian regional association of the Association of German Architects (Bund Deutscher Architekten – BDA) have been selected. Nickl & Partner Architekten AG received one of the four prizes for its Communication and Information Centre (KIZ) designed for the University of Erfurt.
A total of 28 buildings constructed in Thuringia since 2015 were evaluated. The five jury members were:
– Prof. Claus Anderhalten, architect BDA, Berlin (Prof. of Design for Existing Buildings, University of Kassel),
– Nicolette Baumeister, architect, Munich (Architectural Communication),
– Prof. Olaf Langlotz, architect, Weimar (Head of the Civil Engineering Department of the Thuringian Ministry of Infrastructure and Agriculture, Hon. Prof. Bauhaus-Universität Weimar),
– Prof. Annette Menting, architectural historian/critic, Leipzig (Prof. of Building History and Culture, Leipzig University of Applied Sciences),
– Christian Schmitz, BDA architect, Münster (Member of the Executive Committee of the Federal Association of German Architects ‑ BDA-Bund).
The ceremonial presentation of the awards and opening of the exhibition at Erfurt’s Angermuseum on 28 June 2018 was attended by Dr. Klaus Sühl, State Secretary of the Thuringian Ministry of Infrastructure and Agriculture.
This function has been disabled for Nickl & Partner.